Friday, July 27, 2012

Stress

I was joking with myself. I have no one else to joke with anymore. Such is the cost of this year.

So I was thinking, I could write a book! But about what? Well, being a father to an adult would be a good start. Now how about a title? "Do Sociopaths Cry Tears?" Yeah, pretty pathetic, but it did make me snicker for a moment.

Stress is odd. I used to thrive on stress. Professionally, it drove me to ultimate creativity. It probably may also have caused me to run right over people and never notice. Even without it I may have never noticed.

My doctor used to try and get me to drive down my stress, to get my blood pressure down. I don't think there was an actual correlation, I think the blood pressure is physiological, not psychological, at least for me. Then my stress also became psychological and I had a heart attack. Although minor, it was enough to now change my life in oh so many ways.

Beloved items such as salt and caffeine must now become a relic of a distant past in my life. American grease, as I call Taco Bell, must go away as well - even though I have no cholesterol to speak of, no sense in giving the body new ways of killing me.

And I have got to get serious about getting back into shape. I actually started a diet when daughter left, her goal was I would be down by 6 pounds when she returned. Well, I am holding at the 8 lost during that expected time frame. May as well continue and see if I can get myself back down to my semi-pro biking weight of 170. I might even win some races now that I am 20 years older than my last ride.....

And I have to get as stress free as possible, for the heart's sake if for no other. Not an easy task when your life has become a train wreak, you are mourning the loss of a loved one, and you are in college.

Yeah much to pray for and over, if you feel so led.

No comments: