Saturday, July 21, 2012

Blessing

It was s blessing the heart attack was not worse.
It was a blessing that the pills help ever so slightly.
It is a blessing God does love me and is supporting me in place.
It is a blessing I know now that daughter was not able to stand in place rather than when our lives would have been on the line, years from now. Though that is open to change, in God's economy.
It was a blessing I was not killed in an auto accident Friday afternoon, when in heavy traffic the car suddenly cut hard to the left and left me broadside to a speeding truck. I have no idea how either the slide or the rescue was accomplished - we are talking divine intervention.
It is a blessing Gaelic Girl is on meds and almost normal. Were it not for the hole in my heart I might be able to enjoy her company.
It is a blessing that the two friends left are trying to be supportive.
It is a blessing that two others have stepped forward and just might turn into friends as well.
It is a blessing God granted me an emotion, if ever for so short a time. To quote Alfred Lord Tennyson's poem In Memoriam:27, 1850 - It is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all..... Of course, easy for you to say when you actually have emotions and can rely upon having them again.

So, I am blest, though through tears it seems these days.

No comments: