Friday, August 2, 2013

Insert Foot

Well, you know me, if it is going to occur then it will happen to me!

First off Google locked me out of my account because my ISP changed!  Well, duh, people do travel.  Of course all I had to do was give them my cell phone number and then they would text me a new password.  I don't want a new password and I know you Google types well enough to know that you want a cell number so you can sell it!  And I was not going to use my friend's number to get into my account!  Which by the way was not at Starbucks, where I had hoped to blog from.  So locked out.

Of course not much else went well either.  My luggage never made the flight, nor the next flight, nor the next nor even that day nor the next!  I was a little tired of my underwear by the time my luggage did arrive!

Then picking ever so gently, I managed to find out what has stood between my mining partner and God - his mother.  When he was 16, he went with some friends down to Almagordo to see the atomic tests.  While he was gone a bottle of whiskey was found hidden in the church and one of the kids told everyone it was his.  So, his mother went to the board of elders and had him thrown out of the church!  Mind you he had to come home to hear any of this.  60 years later, it still bites him that the church he had grown up in had killed him with no opportunity for defense.  So my task before he dies appears to be to teach him about forgiveness - yeah, good luck with that one!

So, he was so upset I took him to see the Lone Ranger.  Uhm, he was livid.  To say the least.

Attempted recovery at El Corral, his favorite steak house, where they had a display of Monty Montana memorabilia.  I was excited, but my friend exploded - seems he personally knew Monty as a child and it did not go well.

Yeah just quite a vacation.....

No comments: