Monday, August 26, 2013

Seattle Sounders

So billionaire decides to take 80 of us to the soccer match Sunday evening.  It was a hoot.  Best part of the evening was a 12" Bratwurst and it was prepared wonderfully!  :)

Last soccer game I was at was in 1968, NATO vs Germany - and they were beating the tar out of us!  I lost 4 players in just the first quarter!  So, four down and being transported to the hospital, I filed an official complaint against Germany, the referee told me something not so nice in Germany.  And well, if that is the way they wanted to play - the game was over in 12 minutes.  I lost two more players, Germany only had three thugs left standing but bloodied and no fight left in them, the ref was unconscious and the German coach would never have to ever worry about procreating.  As for me, three cracked ribs and a tremendous amount of my countryman's blood all over me!  Like I said, I did file a complaint first ...  We took our soccer seriously and honestly if you wanted to play dirty, so could the combined NATO team!  Amazing the rest of 1968 was incredibly clean and Germany was dismissed for the rest of the year, as was I because I was German playing on the NATO team.  Thank you the magic 8mm film!

As for the game, Seattle won, Portland could not shoot well - beautiful passers but just not on target with a 30 foot net.  Quite a bit of unnecessary rough housing by Portland and after Seattle then flattened one of Portland's plays they cleaned up their act and got back to soccer.





So if you were to follow that orange line on the right, straight up to the top, you would find my empty seat!  Yeah, I get up once to buy a bratwurst and the only photo taken of my section is exactly then!

Once again I am denied public photo-ability, I tell ya!

No comments: