Thursday, August 29, 2013

Duane

Monday was a fairly horrible day.  Got to deal with the same issue twice, with different people and different outcomes.  One I think was successful and the other I am still not sure I got through to the point.  And to start off my day on a wrong foot, another friend died.

Duane Quande, was the owner of a car repair shop.  Big deal you say.  But, what if I told you that Duane ran an honest shop?  Yeah.  He rode his mechanics and most of them had been with him for years.  If you were not satisfied with something, it would be made right, no charge.  If the repair did not work out well, parts failure, whatever, he would make it right, no charge.  I was impressed with him as a businessman.

For those of you whom have been around this blog since the early days, those posts long gone, know that I had a horrible spinal surgery - from the inventor of horrible spinal surgeries in Seattle.  Duane was one of the people whom would call and just fill a few idle moments everyday, for months!  I had never met the man!  But, he had this way of genuinely being concerned about other people.

If I saw him on the street or in a shop, he always took time to say hi and inquire as to my health.  Yeah, as the local King of Klutz, I always had a good story which would make him laugh in that robust manner of his.

He never had children but he did have a cherry 1957 Chevy Belair convertible, the rarest of the rare.  It was his baby.  Just owning it brought him happiness.

Well, he is now gone, another friendly voice silenced.  He will missed.

No comments: