Friday, August 16, 2013

Train Wreck

Last night I was just hurting too much, between my heart and my jaw, so I had dinner at my favorite Mexican restaurant and was to be entertained by a train wreck occurring at the table next to me!

Guy was obviously mid forties, the girl in the course of the conversation said she was 25.  They knew nothing of the other, so I was wondering at just how did they even plan on this rendezvous?

He is married and looking for a new love interest in his life.  She is single and brought her 3 month old son along with her on the date.

They were friendly, guarded cordial, and I honestly had no idea how this was going for either one of them.  His conversation tactfully ignored any reference to the prominent child sitting in a high chair next to him and most of her attention was on fussing with her son.  She made many references to the child and never said anything concerning the father.  He made no references to his family at all.  It was weird.  I was just dying to find out how shallow could this conversation go!

Then somehow the train wreck occurred, each realizing this was just going to be a meal and nothing else, so he told her about his vacation plans for next week with his girl friend down in California and how he was looking forward to seeing her.  She ignored his entire paragraph and talked about planning a shopping trip and about child safety seats!

Yeah, you just have to enjoy a good train wreck!  You never know when they are going to crop up!

No comments: