Saturday, August 24, 2013

Musical Saturday Morning

Just for grins, I did a search on YouTube for: "Most Popular German Music Video" and this came in as number one!  And I would not have posted it except for things that made me grin.  But, first the video:



Now what made me chuckle?

I know nothing of Lena but she uses mixed accents.  Some words very British, as in the British you hear on the shortwave, some are Canadian, such as what might be heard in the northern German base areas and then - there is the color of her eyes .....  By all appearances in this video they are brown.  BROWN?  I never even saw a brown eye until I came to America!  So, not so sure what her ethnicity is but it is not German.  Which made me laugh.  Imagine a brown eyed person when I was a child growing in Germany - the streets would have been vacant!  The gypsies had arrived!  Yeah, we were warned of gypsies and they always had dark hair and dark eyes ...  Shudder!  The boogieman is doing musical videos in Norway, representing Germany, in English.

Go figure.

I thought it was hilarious.  And, Lena, well lip-synced, almost, okay not at all.

No comments: