Monday, August 12, 2013

Great Weekend

So, an awesome weekend - between clinched teeth.

Yeah, day seven of my shattered jaw joint and it is an interesting complication.  People give you odd looks when the side of your head is swollen and you are talking with your teeth barely apart!  Then when you tell them you broke the jaw joint, everyone wants to know about the fight!  I wonder if it is because I am so large that people instantly assume I am unpleasant and in a fight?  So much less cool to say I was telling jokes at dinner time and the darn thing shattered.  Sigh, I really have to come up with something better.  "Well, there was this house fire and I was saving a box full of kittens ..... "  Nope, no one is going to believe that one, manly men must wring kitten necks for fun.  Sigh.

And Kris does NOT like muscle relaxants!  Yeah, they knock me out cold but a whole pill I took Saturday night lasted until 4 pm Sunday!  I did make it to church, first service but was feeling so badly I went to Dennys hoping if I had something in my stomach I would be less queasy.  Then made it back to my car in the church parking lot, where an excited granddaughter grabbed me - so I had to go to the second service too.  But, I kept falling asleep and my oldest daughter had to keep poking me awake.  Maybe I was snoring, who knows?

Back home, it was straight to bed to finally sleep it off.

About 2 am on Saturday morning, Kris totally zonked on the muscle relaxant, there was this huge explosion which woke me up from the dead!  The bedroom lit up a few times and the sharp crack of thunder rumbled on.  I laid back down and thought about getting up to watch the lightening but I was just to tired.  Suddenly, through my closed eye lids, everything went white!  There was a blast which shook the entire house and literally bounced me out of bed!  I was gasping for air but only the bad taste of ozone was to be found in my room.  I stumbled into the livingroom fully knowing that one had to have hit my property!  I have several trees in the 60 foot range so when I looked out the window I expected to see one of them smoldering.  But, there was nothing on the ground to see!

This awesome picture is from a guy whom lives on the other side of the lake from me.  He had maybe a dozen shots of the storm hitting the water but this was the only one hitting the land.  Maybe this was the one to have blasted me out of bed?  And yeah, that cell phone camera is mighty awesome!  I think it is an iPad.  I might have to put one on my list for Christmas this year!

Went to the local store and was accosted by a man whom appeared to be about my age and whom also knew way too much about me - like my military designation back in 1972, which no one should know since my files were all destroyed!  So, I was extremely cautious, extremely polite and equally evasive.  He was obviously military or ex-military, so all of my bells were ringing that something was not right here.  When pressed, I just replied that my goal in live has always been to never cause harm to anyone.  He did not like that answer and eventually left me to select my toilet paper d'jour.  But, I have to admit I was wondering if he was one of the other 5 graduates from my Army class.  But, I did not recognize him and I know I look roughly the same, just twice the weight!

So far, I know this does not describe a great weekend, but it was.  I had fun going to yard sales and picked up only a few goodies, including a scrapbook from 1945 by some GIs whom visited Switzerland in 1945.  Since most of the pictures are of various locations in Baselstadt, I am going to be blowing them up to see if my grandparents were captured in any of the shots.  Be super cool if there were.

Also, I am resurrecting my little blog I created back in 2010 about my father.  So have been working on that, with a great many corrections, more photos, etc.  Last Wednesday was my complete melt down over my father and yesterday's work on the blog seems to have helped me settle back down.  I hope to have it done this afternoon.  Amazingly, just during the creation process there were over 300 readers (not crawlers, there were 5 of those)!  Mostly in Russia, Ukraine and the US.

Well another wave of sleepiness is coming upon me, so I guess I will head back to dream land and see if the pain will slowly go away again....

No comments: