Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Observing People

Sunday night, as I rode the light rail back to my town, there were lots of people to watch.  I like watching people, they are sometimes very interesting.

Well, not so funny was sitting with his back to me, due to the way the seats are located, and I am seeing this surgical scar down his neck and as far down his spine as the tee shirt would show.  I have no idea what was done to him, but as someone whom has had their spine opened up - OWIE!

Across from me was a young couple, just kids.  He showed happiness and pride being seated by her.  Her walls were completely down.  The she saw me and her walls came right back up, then down, up, down, up, she looked at me questioningly - I smiled.  Her walls collapsed and she snuggled her friend.  Very cute.  I remembered such a time.

Behind them, another young couple.  He was so far out of his league, he had not a clue.  I felt sorry for him.  Maybe 11th grade?  I shuddered, horrible years to remember.  Unlike the other young lady, this one had no warmth, nothing but walls and terror.  A wildcat completely on edge ready for a fight.

Behind them, two women.  One mid-forties, heavily tattooed, dressed in Seattle chic - 1950's garish Vogue.  The other a college student headed to the airport to catch a flight.  Tattooed lady turns out to be gay and was baiting the college girl.  Most of the conversation revolved around how horrible guys are and how they are untrustworthy soulless creatures whom only want one thing and then it is, "Hasta la vista, baby"!  I saw no reason to get involved in that conversation, I did that one once and there is no way of modifying perception I found out.

Then a blonde, guessing late 20's sat down next to me, with her sister and brother in-law, and struck up a conversation.  What over?  Life, the universe, how horrible guys are - and oh, by the way my name is, ----.  Well if she had known me then she would have understood my natural repulsion when facing a real blonde.  Yes, 40 years later and I still shudder and avert my eyes when ever I see one.  It was only through God's infinite humor He gave me three blond daughters!  I felt sorry for this one though, she has had a rough time as the scars on her arms showed.  I left without answering her as to my phone number.  Gees!

So Monday I am taking my daily short walk to my favorite Mexican eatery and I am thinking, what can I write about this week?  My mind played over the above and I quickly dismiss it.  But, lunch was to re-enforce this whole topic area to me, as you will see tomorrow, I was supposed to address this issue for a number of reasons.

No comments: