Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Return To Life

Trying to get back into the hang of not being on vacation and finding life exhausting.

My five year old grand daughter is now in school and so I get the kids at 5 am, let them get a few more hours of shut eye, make them breakfast and then drive them to her school.  Well, grandson is now three and I get to entertain him while she is in school for a few hours - when really all I want to do is go back to bed!  Yawn!

But Tuesday they wore me out! I did okay until 3pm but then just collapsed.  At least they were watching a movie and obviously had a popcorn fight it seems while I snored away.  Might not be so bad where it not for the meds for this broken jaw socket.  Yawn!

Then I heard that my adopted father, I adopted him early in my adult life, so I could learn what being a Christian man meant, was out the hospital so I went to see how he is doing.  Just as ornery as usual.  :)  He is now approaching 90 and well, does not seem to have that many years let in him.

So I have reflected upon these last three weeks.  My old mining partner is now old and health is fragile, my mentor/adopted father is old and very fragile right now, my high school friend is just plain fragile currently and it is a bit unnerving for me.  They are all that remain on my friends list other than Dutchman.  Yeah, going to get real quiet in my life one of these days, just with the passage of time.  Sigh.

As I have been unpacking from my two trips, I have found that my checked luggage was ransacked in either Tucson or Seattle and quite a bit of stuff was stolen.  Lost my new belt knife and several bottles of meds.  Hope the guilty actually take those pills, all at once!  :)  Nothing like death by diuretics!  LOL!  I am so disgusted with Alaskan Airlines I am not likely to ever check baggage with them ever again....

And the jaw is doing better.  I can finally touch my teeth together without intense pain, the ear is working again, but I still can not open my mouth much nor chew anything other than super soft stuff.  Sigh.

If I can find my camera's USB cord I will get some photos to post tomorrow of what a rainy Arizona and Colorado looked like!

Father's blog is now restored and re-editted for grammar and spelling.  I have been stunned by the number of readers!  Over 950 unique readers just this week!  This blog only averages in the mid 400's!  So lots of interest in World War II it seems!  In the course of rereading it last night and this morning I have taken some notes of a few more posts to add to it, to explain something better and maybe rearrange a few of them as well for continuity.  I am amazed at anyone's interest in that tale...

No comments: