Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Twenty-two And Confused

Now at lunch Monday, I fell into a conversation with this sobbing college student.  For those of you whom know me, crying female plus Kris do not mix.  Actually porcupines and your dog's face are more compatible than me when tears are involved.  But something in me was moved and I made the mistake of asking ...

Short story:

She desperately wants a boyfriend, but also knows it isn’t going to happen.  She is too busy to maintain a good relationship, insists on a solid Christian boy (like they exist!) and doesn’t want to kiss until sure he is really going to be "special" in the long run.  (psst!  how about at the altar?) !

And then this alarm clock is going off inside of her - she HAS to find him!

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah - far too much about her I would not share, TMI! and I hope I can do a mind dump and just lose it once I have written this up.  Interspersed with her above statement were perhaps three gallons of tears in there.  She was in quite a state.

Oh, did I mention that she has made it to 22 and is still a virgin?  Never had a boyfriend, never even held hands - and yes, she is more than most guys have on their list of wanna-be attributes (purely physical), has a brain and knows how to use it too, wants to do what is right by God and in tears over this exact problem!

"There are no guys!  I am going to die a ugly old virgin!"

Suddenly I was happy no creepy old guys were within earshot of that one!

So, was she willing to think, talk and work through - why a guy is so important in her life?

No comments: