Tuesday, August 20, 2013

RED 2

So went to go see RIPD.  I had seen this as a preview, when I went to The Wolverine while I was in Denver, and it looked funny.  But, it must have tanked quickly because the AMC I went to had it advertised and it was no longer available only hours later!  Hmmmm.

Well, what do you do when the movie you start out for, disappears?

RED 2 was on the marque and so it was either that or The Wolverine again.  RED 2 won.

Now I did like RED, it was humorously over the top.  And RED 2 is equally as humorously over the top - with the noted exception that it is a far better film.

John Malkovich is allowed to be quite humorous this time around and I laughed as I have not done in a very long time.  Bruce Willis I can live without but he seemed to manage to not hog the film as he usually does.  Catherine Zeta Jones I guess is supposed to be "hot" and honestly almost anyone else could have played the femme fatale so much better!  She was believable in Entrapment, but that was a few decades ago.

Lots of shooting, explosions, car chases, psychopathic humor and did I mention that Anthony Hopkins is quite delightful?  I liked him in a sociopathic way.....  Any one over 13 will love this film.

Everyone kept their clothes on, I did not notice any language problems, lots of martial arts and dark humor.

Its an owner.

No comments: