Saturday, March 1, 2014

Musical Saturday Morning

This song, which I have not heard in probably 35 years, popped back into my mind the other day and has been echoing around in there ever since.

At the time, I remember those of us in the computer center were talking about this song because the Doobie Brothers had done, Jesus Is Just Alright, the Ozark Mountain Daredevils had done, If You Want To Get To Heaven, followed up by Jackie Blue.  It seemed at the time that Jesus and marijuana was going to be topic of endless songs!  I had no problem with Jesus, since I had become a Christian in 1973, but marijuana?  Really?  I know that a couple of the "kids" were dopers but most of us were not and honestly, I have never understood the attraction of separating yourself from reality.  Even when at rock bottom, it still seems senseless.



Though I may not care much for their lifestyle choices, I do appreciate that the Daredevils made the decision to not go "Hollywood". They wanted to raise their families and live in their homes ~ albeit, in the Ozark Mountains of Missouri.

No comments: