Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Remembering Sanctity of Human Life

It is Sunday night and I just finished writing Monday's post about my ex-friend Elspeth.  It is best she be an ex, as she is apparently too dangerous for guys right now.  And well, she did at attempt to impinge my integrity.

I thought to data mine my blog to see if I could find one of my missing posts, well actually it is a series of four of them, and the blogger search tool suddenly pointed me to a post I had forgotten about since I was last in Tuscon: Sanctity of Human Life

It was so weird.  I can remember Kathy, my mining partner's wife going into Safeway for some Dr. Pepper.  She got in the car and as we pulled away, the shooting started.

I thought it was a movie set and they were filming.  Heavens there were cameras everywhere, ambulances on standby and lots of police.

My mining partner thought it was a college prank.

Why would someone want to shoot up a political meeting in Casas Adobes? 

Thirty minutes later we are in a town whose name I can not pronounce (T.....) and on the news was hysteria over the shooting in Casa Adobes.  What shooting?  Oh my God, what we had just witnessed!  It made no sense.  It still does not.

The little community was in shock, my friend has lived there for over 40 years.  There is no one he does not know, nor have an opinion about!  The pastor of his church was dumbstruck.  He committed suicide about two weeks later.  Yeah.

So, sit back, click on the above link and read something which still brings tears to my eyes and think on what we have lost in our culture ...

No comments: