Thursday, March 27, 2014

Wednesday

One of those argh! moments, what to blog today?

I know what I want to post but honestly it might hurt someone whose feelings I care about and have no desire to do that!  Then it might not, but there is no way of telling any longer, so I must err on the side of caution.

Wednesday was one heck of a day though, I think it might have been the worse of my life and mind you that really says something!  By the afternoon I was done in, nothing left, full deflation and the full expectation that not only had I lost a friend but also possibly to suicide as well.  And nothing to be done ... it was like some horrible 1950's horror movie being played out around me.  ACK!  I hate Washington State and their &*(^#@ laws!  And, I really do hope to hear they are alive as soon as possible this morning!

Charcot Joint vs Normal
Today also marks the one week point of wearing this stinking leg and foot brace!  It is so painful not to wear!  It is so painful to wear!  And, two more weeks before the first reset!  How am I to make it to week 26 in this thing?  Yeah, I realize that it is all that stands between me and losing my leg but still, must it be so painful?  I am going to ice it and see if that helps.  Probably get frostbite with my luck.  Unfortunately, the right ankle broke in a second place tonight and the foot is fully now in 8 sections held together only by muscle, skin and the plantar.  The pain was almost unbearable when it happened!  So Lord only know what it would have felt like if the nerve damage was not so extensive.  Gees!  Yeah, the pain was so intense I had curled my toes on my left foot as I photo'ed the poor little guys.

Thirty-nine years ago my father married one of the sweetest women in his long line of wives.  They were married just long enough for me to know that she was a keeper and as father went on continuing his efforts to marry every woman in Colorado State between 18 and 99, I kept her.  She and I are still very close and I try to call her at least every couple of weeks.  Wednesday night I called and this unfamiliar voice answered.  I was a bit confused and she gave her married name, as she does try to protect her identity.  It was my cousin whom is a current TV star and long time Hollywood actress.  I was thrilled - in thirty-nine years she has never been in a conversation with me.  So, kind of cool.  Not because she is famous, but because she is a cousin I have never met, just heard a ton about through most of my life.  I know her sister like my own sister, so it is cool to have one more on my active family list maybe.

Well, I started this five hours ago, so it is time for sleep ...

No comments: