Friday, March 14, 2014

Shattered

Well, the original post i wrote for today, on Sunday, is now history - all plans are changed for the next year.

So, Wednesday all of my tests came in and the prognosis is not good.  The four months of leg problems gave no clues to the doctors in the emergency room three times, my cardiologist figured out it was not drug related, my leg doctor - whom should known, was clueless and even my own doctor saw me three times before he asked if anyone had x-rayed the leg.  Well no one had it took only moments in x-ray for them to figure out that:
  • the foot is fragmented
  • the ankle is broken
I was going to post a picture of my foot but this one is an exact duplicate of it!
And for the worse, I have developed Charcot's joint to just add further insult to the leg and foot problems, it now affecting my knee.

So, it looks like a very long immobilization, up to a year, in a non weight bearing brace.  The theory is that the foot and ankle will heal enough in that time to be able to operate without requiring an operation.

Of course, I still expect to be on my own by the end of the year and somehow still need to sell off almost everything I own in order to delete all of my debt.  Sigh, well I will have lots of time for eBay and Craigslist I guess!

On the other hand, I do need to finish my book this year and do massive amounts of painting.  :)

Your prayers are gratefully accepted.

No comments: