Monday, March 31, 2014

A Life Worth Living

Those whom know me are often the first to criticize me.  And in that criticism is a common theme of I am very slow to get a clue - take a hint - are you a stalker?  And realize that most everyone in my life has at one time or another taken the tact of seeing how fast -  easily - painlessly it is for them to kill me.  It is one of my strong points - I am a post-war German, I can take the heat, I can take the pain, I have eternity to wait to prove a point.  That is how hardened the children of the American GI's in Germany made our lives as we grew up.  We were NAZI's, we were Jew haters, we were murderers, we were quite literally lower than scum in the hierarchy of the NATO schools.  And it created a class of young men whom have extreme patience.  I can wait to be proven right just as equally as I can wait to see that you get what is coming to you.  And whereas perhaps our fathers and/or grandfathers were NAZI's, I was at least Hebrew by genetics, no one in either side of my family had ever taken a life!  (Well, remember that Vlad the Impaler was one of my forefathers, so yeah all generations since sort of have gone out of the way to not appear like him!  He sort of made up for the next 900 years of my family history!)

And as a Christian, that strength, has been oft tested, never understood, never fully accepted but sought when it is needed.

2 Timothy 3:10-14

That strength is the very basis of being able to be a mentor.  If you want to know about a life worth living - find someone whom can inspire you to follow Jesus!  Because, that is where it can only be found.

But, first you have to find someone whom can play that role in your life!  How can I find that Apostle Paul kind of person that Timothy had in his life?

Look for people who will help you become spiritually prepared:

They Live Transparent Lives.
There is no fakery, they are open for you to see both the good and bad about them.
You can see their struggles.
You know everything there is to know about one another.

They Teach God's Truth.
Paul says to Timothy:
"You saw"
"You were a part of"
"You know what is true"
"You need to stick with the truth"

They Practice What They Preach.
If you are faith - you will be persecuted!
"All" "Will" guaranteed!

The world, evil, Satan will seek to silence you.


Yeah sounds like like a bad sales job here by Paul to his convert Timothy, however, both could see the gains to be greater than the loss the world will try to force upon you.

Paul was a man of patience, willing to be completely transparent, he taught God's truth, he practiced what he preached and he could take the heat - even to the point of being stoned to death!  Of course, in due time, his head was lobbed off by his Roman guards - they did their duty, whom in turn were then immediately executed for having become Christians themselves.

Sad story or one of conquerors?

But the example of the qualities you must find in your own life ...

No comments: