Thursday, March 6, 2014

Trauma

Unexpectedly, I was called upon to be interviewed by Gaelic Girls therapist.
It has long been a concern of mine that GG and her therapist spend their time talking about me - and honestly I do not like this.  It is not like finding the key to Kris is going to do anything for GG.  But, I played along.

And she opened up with an episode in my life I had completely forgotten about ... and I had told GG?  As far as I knew, I had never said anything to anyone.

I was three years old and my parents decided to go for the evening out and hired a babysitter.  Said babysitter at some point took me out to the clothes line and tied me to the pole - by my neck.  I was stuck standing there for the next four to five hours.  When I told my parents, they called me a liar and beat the @#$@ out of me.

That as the point at which I knew these people could not be trusted.  I had told the truth and was beaten for it.  I never trusted my parents ever again.  It was the defining moment that ended our relationship for the rest of our lives.  And you have to remember that from 1973 to 2008, my adult years, there was no relationship between my parents and I.  It was only with their old age and health failures that I even make an attempt to be there for them.  Now it is just my mother - but it is still beyond my ability to ever trust her ever again.  (And yeah, she agrees that trust might just be too much to exist between us.)

It was an interesting romp through ancient history of my mind.  To see what made my world black and white, that caused me to so willingly execute people from my life whom assail my integrity.

Which then brought the topic to GG and her attacks in 2009 through 2013 on me.

No, no resolution, I just wanted to share a interesting conversation with a dichotomy built into it.  I will let you know if and when she gets back with me - or - GG does.

No comments: