Friday, March 21, 2014

Nervous

I have only once been a cast, it really did not go well.  It was for my right arm and 18 months later I was given my arm back so that I could then have elbow surgery, then go back into a cast for 6 more weeks and then they returned this grey alien arm to me!  Prior to that I have been a mountain climber, I climbed mountains or in caves almost every other weekend at the least!  And not with a grey skinny alien arm ...

Professionally that was what moved me from writing large computer operating systems to project management.  Yeah, take an introverted techie geek and give him 39 employees to manage.  Really?!?!?  I still owe a few of them some apologies.


Friday at 11:45 i will be fitted for the first of an expected 27 casts in a series to realign my ankle joint and merge the fragments of my right foot back together.  I am not looking forward to this.  The lady at church whom does this for a living told me to expect the most excruciating year of my life.  Really?  I really need this!

So, every two weeks a new cast to further compress the parts and realign slightly all of the pieces back together.  Of course, having a foot I can walk on again will be nice at the nearest future date PLEASE GOD!



No comments: