Saturday, March 29, 2014

Musical Saturday Morning

A morose morning.  Actually, I am still in shock on what this year has wrought.  And quietly, in the back of my mind were the opening bars to this song:



As I sat Thursday morning reflecting on the latest tirade and then unfriending, I had to wonder exactly what is going on, maybe even with only one leg, I need to start that trip to Argentina.  I am sure there are plenty of doctors there whom would love to "remodel" my foot and ankle for Yankee dollars ...

Then God brought the young man whom makes knives over unexpectedly.  He buoyed my spirits some.  At least I could know that at least one person cared enough at that moment to see what was going on with me.  As he left, in the same moment, the only man from my church I almost call friend, showed up and wanted to do lunch - until 3:00!  Yeah, we had quite a talk!  And then I unexpectedly had to go pick up my grand daughter from school, always a delight.

So from a morning of death and pain, to God showing quietly His hand in holding me close.  NO it did not ease my pain but at least I could know in my heart that He is still in charge, He still cares, hope has not been lost for my friend ...

But all I really desired Thursday evening was to hear the first words of reconciliation from my best friend.

No comments: