Tuesday, October 1, 2013

In the News

It goes without saying that we have been rocked by a massive storm front for several days but Monday was a real kicker!

I was up late, I had to babysit my youngest granddaughter until 11pm!  Her father was supposed to get her at 7!  Yeah, he is not exactly reliable nor considerate of any but himself.  I really feel sorry for her, cursed by such clueless parents!

So managed to find my morning heart med, choke on them since I forgot to get something to take them with, sigh.  Then off to a nice warm bath for my damaged right leg to continue to heal - well at least that is the idea.  And then all tarnation broke loose!

Heavy winds and I live in a hollow below a bluff.  Then rains like we rarely ever see here, about 5 inches of water in just a few minutes.  What is going on?

The power goes out!  Which is odd because I bought this exaction because the power grip runs over to the Olympic Peninsula - so almost never will go out!  Very high quality back up systems here.  And it went out, why?

Seems a power cable snapped in the wind and spent its time snaking around shorting stuff out.  Well that explains my power loss.

Then I hear reports of a tornado down south of me, tore up a business district and several homes with 110 mile an hour winds.  Wow!  Also took out power for all of the little communities in the Puyallup River Valley, like where my mother lives, so I can't even call to see how she is getting along.  Seems a car was put through a telephone pole and took out the only power supply to the valley.  Unlike me, no back up systems for Pierce County.

So, one stormy very unusually day!

No comments: