Saturday, October 12, 2013

Musical Saturday Morning

I have been going through, re-watching, each and every movie in my library collection.  So far, 20% are destined to go away!  What once was interesting for whatever reason, before this change in me, no long is, so much goes away.  Interestingly, one of last year's additions, Looper - I now like but for reasons that were oblivious to me last me!  The first of the movies to have the distinction of going from dislike to like!

I plowed the Bourne series had found them interesting in a twisted cynical way  in the past and now find that I still like them but for other reasons.  However, I have to admit it took two nitro's to get through the Identity.  By the time of the Legacy, the films had come together nicely, however it is so obvious that 2/3 the way through the Legacy - they completely had lost control of the story and end up with a motorcycle chase!  Really?  So well built in the front end only to die off in a bogus chase sequence.  Too weird.  But, I kept the Legacy just because it is so good in the beginning.

I wish Moby could have done a better video for the movie; would have called their video, "Loss of Innocence" or perhaps "Despair" for all of their videos are only based on corruption of innocence.  I am sure someone somewhere thinks they are cutting edge - but, nope, no originality there, just recycled images you can trace all of the way back into the silent film era in Europe.  Sigh ...



No comments: