Saturday, October 5, 2013

Musical Saturday Morning

I remember when this song came out that I was a little put off by it.  I liked the easy flowing music, but the guy's voice sort of grated on me, his movements too feminine and the words brought back uncomfortable memories, of what might have been's: like my faithless bride of so long ago - whom unfortunately was out of the hospital last night and happened to appear at my local Red Robin with one of her sister's while I was enjoying my Oktoberfest Burger with my youngest daughter!

What are the odds you are going to go out on a whim and someone 40 years into your past is going to show up?!?!?!?  Try choking on one of those burgers, not have a glass of water handy, and yet not draw attention to yourself - gees!  As for the other memory, my tie for best picture ever, Casa Blanca (still tied for first after all of these years is, Trench Coat.)  Those two movies are uncomfortable, because there was something I can almost understand, I cand almost touch it, and then it is be gone.  So elusive and yet I knew it was there.

So, today I listened to the words, ignored the voice and just flowed with the music, memories and feelings:



(And, yes, I know you understand .....)

No comments: