Monday, September 30, 2013

Tagged

So, my American cousin down in Vancouver tagged me and I thought of ignoring it but given that he really does not know me all that well (only seen him once in my life! but we do yak daily on FaceBook), okay, I will do it!

Fill this out about your SENIOR year of high school! The longer ago it was, the more fun the answers will be!
 
1. Did you date someone from your school? No

2. Did you marry someone from your high school? No

3. Did you car pool to school? Bicycle or walked, 20 miles in the snow, uphill, each way!

4. What kind of car did you have? Austin Cambridge, but it rarely ran.

5. What kind of car do you have now? 1986 Lincoln Towncar, it does run.

6. It's Friday night....where are you then? Eating with friends at Shakey's Pizza on Havana Road!

7. It's Friday night...now where are you?  Mostly with friends, beer and hummus platters.

8. What kind of job(s) did you have in high school? Designed and built dragsters.

9. What kind of job do you do now? Retired, thinking about being a scab if the grocers go on strike ...

10. Were you a party animal? I take the 5th!  Oh, wait, that was part of the problem!

11. Were you considered a flirt? Only in my dreams.

12. Were you in the band, orchestra, or choir? Barbershop Quartet.

13. Were you a nerd? Totally.

14. Did you get suspended or expelled? Never!

15. Can you sing the fight song? The only one I remember was, "Hell No, I Won't Go!"

16. Who was/were your favorite teacher(s)? Mr. Beadling - auto shop, an incredible man.

17. Where did you sit during lunch? Rode my bike to other school to see my girl friend at lunch.

18. What was your school's full name? Aurora Central High (don't bother no pictures of me in the annuals).

19. When did you graduate? 1973

20. What was your school mascot? A Trojan (seriously!).

21. If you could go back and do it again, would you? "Hell No, I Won't Go!"

22. Did you have fun at the prom? No

23. Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with? No

24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion? No

25. Do you still talk to people from school? Only two.

High School was a lesson in torment and torture for me.  I had NOTHING in common with anyone, I could speak English with a pronounced accent but by and large unable to read it.  I desperately wanted to just study art but father forbid it, so I excelled in all areas of auto design.  Frames, bodies and engines, were my only creative outlet.  We broke the High Altitude Drag Race speed record in 1972 and it would be decades before someone could beat it.  Our Baja Buggies were a hoot, never finished a race but they were a challenge I would love to pick back up!  And the street rods? :) Well, it took a Lamborghini to finally destroy us in the 5 mile bandit races.  My personal car by then was an Alfa Romeo Diana with a custom spyder body and a joy to drive!  It still is running races down in the Oakland vintage car rallies I am told.  Yeah, I was a motor head.

No comments: