Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Video Viewing

For my casual reader, I am in the midst this year of viewing every film in my library (over 6,000 of them!) to decide whether or not it is a keeper.  So far about 20% have been joining the heap to go bye-bye.

So some of the interesting changes since last I brought up this subject:

Blood Diamond, originally I kept to remember my RSAS friends by, now because I understand the character.
El Coronado, now liked for a completely different reason. Keeper.
El Mariachi, what a quirky film, it was special order years ago, now trash pile.
Ninja Assassin, used to like, now please go away!
Outrageous Fortune, once a winner with me, now on the goodbye pile.
Vampires Suck, okay, will now have a category of keeper-no grandchildren allowed to view.
World War Z, awesome, badly done film, a keeper.

So, a new category is now formed, movies I will keep but not in the general collection the grand kids can reach.  Vampire's Suck was so horrible, so funny, so embarrassing, yeah.  But, there is the entire Trancer's series that I have wondered what to do with, they still appeal to me in its weird wicked look at the future, time travel, pseudo-vampires and yes, evil Santa Claus'.  I am still laughing ...

I am sure someone somewhere is smacking their forehead but at least I am cleaning out 20% of the ones I own and just how bad, you have to ask, are they when you see the ones I am keeping!?!?

No comments: