Monday, October 21, 2013

Really?

I really like last Saturday's video, it has something to say about the me that exists today - not like I am going to change my mind about blonds nor wanna dance!  Ah, where do people get these ideas!?!?!?  And yes, Kris was asked if he was "okay" or outright, insane ...

So, I sat Swedish Rocket Scientist down and told him to view, without comment to the end, then tell me what his reaction is.

He had no reaction.  Actually he was terrified that someone could conceive of such a video!

He liked the miners, he laughed when no one thought it odd they came through the floor, he was completely lost through the rest of the video.  No connections at all.  And I sat and considered this .... no connection at all.  He could not even guess at the not so subtle meaning.  Really?

Dutchman, refused to watch it, too busy.  I think he would have gotten it but it would have been equally as meaningless to him because that is not where he is in life.  Really?

So, I polled some of my guys and the viewpoints mostly ran around the idea of grabbing at an opportunity and not letting go, once it presents itself.  Really?  The other comment is, "what is that hot blonde's name?"  Really? 

And I am considering this: I am surrounded by those in a culture whom can no longer understand symbolism ...  Nor discern the role played by the blonde.  Really?

As for me, it is extremely easy to see how I fit into this video and what the message - and only friend saw and understood.  Really?

No comments: