Thursday, August 23, 2012

Perhaps A Blessing?

Did God just dump a blessing on me? I really do not know, it is confusing, and yet .....

So I mentioned had an old friend come for a visit. Yes, he is a Christian and a survivor of my having searched to find God. He is the oldest friend I have whom has stayed in touch with me. And, at this exact moment in time he appears after years of silence? I found that to be more than coincidence.

But, the reason he was out here is that his oldest daughter has gotten a job and needed a place for her to stay until she finds her own place. And, there are no coincidences in life..... So, I wonder. Did God just drop her here as a sort of a blessing? Mind you, her personality is very much like daughter's, though any other similarity ends there. Could this of God? A way to help me through daughter's betrayal? Someone whom will pray with and for me, for the long haul? I sorely need someone on my side. I sorely need help in not having the "big one" and desperately need my blood pressure to come down significantly.

I really found myself wondering about this all day long. Because, the first thing she said, once her family had left for their drive back to Colorado, was if she could be a member of my family. Huh!?!?!? I lose a daughter and truly out of the blue another friend's daughter asks to be a part of my family? Too many coincidences here! It stresses me at how close she compares to my estranged daughter. When she talks, when she throws up her walls or drops them, the memories damage me further - and yet, she understands grief and is compassionate which helps to calm me back down. A decade older than daughter, she is her own master, and yet, there is a nature to her compassion - I can not quite grasp. Perhaps if I was really human, I could, but alas it may take much time to understand.

Time will tell but given there are no coincidences in life, why would she be here, in my house, at this specific moment in time? And, with this disaster I call my life? Very, interesting..... Because, I am leaning towards God has provided a blessing, after two months of being faithful to what He has told me. The heart attacks and stress daughter has caused have robbed me of my strength and resilience; I have been desperately in need of someone, anyone to help, but quite literally - all have turned their backs. Dutchman, the only one whom I could turn to, has been gone for most of the past two months - even his son has been staying here off and on because he is lonely with his father gone so much!

And that is almost as interesting to me. Even the Pastor, whom had been so supportive through the spiritual warfare and seeing the results of God's new creation, brushed me off with a "tough times bro" comment when I asked him for help last week. That is how abandoned I have been. God is surely trying me and my resolve to stand in the face of overwhelming odds, equally showing me that I have NO ONE I can rely on or apparently trust any more. That saddens me greatly.

And yet coincidence has provided support, literally out of nowhere.....

No comments: