Monday, August 20, 2012

Missed By .071 Seconds!

With the Summer Olympics having wound down, it is amazing to see how sometimes just a fraction of a second is all that separated a gold medal winner from the rest of the pack!

For the purposes of my educational grant, I have to drive to the local community college and file paperwork every week with the sponsors. Sort of a pain since the school is about 20 miles away and the car gets 13 mpg.....

So, I left the school and drove to Albertsons for some groceries. When I got out of the car - viola!, a bullet hole in the driver's rear door! Yeah, someone took a shot at me!

Now I never heard the impact, but then I tend to listen to the radio while I drive plus the air conditioner was on due to the horrible heat we had last week. Yeah, I am a heat wimp.

This seems to fit well with a week in which my daughter, having dodged me all week, was to return home with her mother. I have found that seven women, most whom were never my friend on FaceBook, have blocked me. And I get the strangeous of reactions from women now at church. Yeah, daughter and her mother were up to something and it obvious was not godly in character - nor true. So a hard week as it was and now this?

How close did I come to being hit by the bullet? Well, it was a 9mm and it hit 14" behind me. The road has a 35 mph speed limit and I generally drive right at the speed limit. If my calculations are correct, the difference between the bullet hitting me, or not, was only .071 seconds!

So though it seems my daughter and her mother wish me ill, someone else wishes me dead, and God saved this old German by the hair of his chinny-chin-chin! Yes, God is blessing me and caring for me. And to my detractors, if you want any other proof of my innocence - well God seems to continue to protect me and bless me, in spite of what ever slander is going around.

Sigh.

No comments: