Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pathways

When God showed me daughter's life, past - present - future, it was to snap her into reality and prepare her for what lay ahead. But, she rejected what she could not control and ran. I only told her of my interactions with her future but she could not understand. I could not tell her of the others and their involvement.

Actually, they do not really understand either, but they are obedient enough to follow God's leading, even when it leads them to as bizarre of places as my little town. And so we sat, I already knowing but no longer sure of anything to say anything, they not sure really what to say other than they knew they were led here - now what?

Indeed, now what? Daughter has fled, a child in belief, unprepared for what lay ahead if this is determinative for her. I am coming to believe that with or without her it is determinative for me - there is no future left for me, I was nuked so badly over the past almost year of following God call. So, I continue to sell my possessions, continue to try and get out of debt, continue to stay the course, continue to be the father of one whom is no longer in my life. I can pray at least.......

And what of the others? I do not know. One has now come, unsure, and I can say nothing because I do not even know any more myself. But, the training begins this fall and I am sure not looking forward to those sleepless nights as we prepare....


1 comment:

Covnitkepr1 said...

Please...pray for her. God is a savior to those running.
Just checking back for any new posts you may have written.
I’ve been a follower on your blog for a while now and would like to invite you to visit and perhaps follow me back. Sorry I took so long for the invitation.