Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Father's Duties

I modeled for my daughter a man of God, of what a real father is. It was hard for her to understand but she got it eventually. And as a father, picked by God for her, I promised to never let her go and yet she has run away from God and me.

A real father never gives up on his child, no matter how hard or bad it gets, they are still a piece of you. And for those whom know me, you know the size of that understatement, given my other four children! Thus dear daughter you can throw me away today, you can place thousands of miles between us, but through all of the tomorrows, I will still be your father.

So all of the words for prayers have been said, there is only repetition left.
All of the tears have been shed. I am sure when the event occurs, there will be more, but for now that is over.
All hope has been cast behind walls only a sociopath understands.

What is left is for me is to overcome the damage done my heart.
To reduce stress.
To live once again a loveless existence.
Thank those friends whom stood by me and praise God for them.
To quietly bow out of all which did not support God's work.
To prepare for the loss of my family.
To learn South American Spanish.
To pick up specific medical training.
To continue to walk as close to God as I am able.
To prepare for the roughest test of my faith I will ever have.
To keep my heart soft for my daughter's need.
To never give up on my daughter - in thought, prayer or deed.

No comments: