Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Another Death

Yes, this year is turning out to be a nasty one! This morning, way too early, I was awaken by the phone; it was one of my step mothers (my favorite of the bunch and the best of the bunch, a real keeper!). She was broken up, her sister had died.

Sarah, was aristocratic and mighty difficult to get to know. I knew her for a few years before father and my mean cruel stepmother divorced and then due to my move I never had a chance to see her again. Although I did not know her well, two of her children I did, one I still stay in contact with and the third I never met but she has been a good cousin through the years and in mentoring one of my god-daughters.

Unfortunately, Sarah had Alzheimer's really bad. Cancer plus Alzheimer's equals not a pretty picture for the past ten years for those whom cared for her; her sister and her children. At least she is no long suffering. Yeah, it was not pleasant I hear.

Would that I was still employed, I would have the money to go and be with my MCex-SM, this will be very hard, no matter how strong the realization that her sister is at least no longer suffering. And someone ought to address the salvation issue with this family. A matter for prayer.

To John, Michel and Rebecca (and John) - you are in my prayers.....

No comments: