Tuesday, August 21, 2012

15 Ways

Yeah, Kris knows he is a mess. His body struggling to recover from the twin heart attacks, the blood pressure all over the place, The mind no longer numbed, can begin to deal with the betrayal of his daughter and her rather personal attacks. And yes, I know I am depressed, that one does not take rocket science. I trusted, I loved, I let someone in, they squashed me like a bug - and I have no really solid idea why. I can make guesses by that is all I got, except for the memory of having experienced God's love and an emotion.

So, I ended up with a cheat sheet of ways to battle grief and the expected depression:

1. Relax - music, reading, walking, hobby, meditate, gardening. Do something to relax each day.

2. Be kind to yourself - counteract your negative thoughts. Tell yourself the opposite is true.

3. Eat properly. Limit sugar, fat, salt, caffeine and alcohol. Eat out once in a while.

4. Say "No" - if others are too demanding, tell them you will need to get to them on their desires.

5. Find a friend - express your feelings with them.

6. Exercise - even a walk three times a week can help with how you are thinking and feeling.

7. Do it now - no procrastination, which can cause you think negatively about yourself.

8. Adapt to change - change is inevitable and can increase stress. Do not resist it. Adapt.

9. Express your feelings - find ways to express yourself. Journalling, a movie, write a letter (you destroy!).

10. Grieve Losses - sadness and grief are natural and appropriate when you are screwed over. Be kind.

11. Test you assumptions - ask those whom hurt you what they really said or meant.

12. Rest - sleep as you are able, napping is ok. Try to relax.

13. Review your "Should"s - set time limits for getting things done, get rid of them if they are undone.

14. Laugh - see the humorous side of things. Laughter is good medicine. Enjoy life.

15. Ask for help - if you need support don't be a afraid to ask for comfort and advice.


Yeah I just enjoy useful stuff like this. I know the lady whom gave this to me meant well. But, "feelings" are not within the purview of my experience. The one person whom can help will not even talk with me. And everything points to a demonic take over of my daughter. Yeah, snap out of it Kris! Care about yourself not you daughter! And I would rather die than ever abandon my daughter to life in the world and what that will ultimately cost her.....

No comments: