Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Vision

No I am not a "charismatic", in fact I am about as non-Pentacostal a person you will run into.  However, I do acknowledge that God has the authority to do whatever He wants.....

So, I was praying on Monday night with daughter.  Things are so horrible that honestly, if he could rapture us both I would vote for it!  But, of course, we are going through this for some distant purpose, so one must grin and bear it as they say.

And as I was praying for protection from the evil which surrounds us, I suddenly had a vision.

Now mind you, when I was first a Christian there were a few and then they seemed to have tapered off.  Which is fine.  I really get upset when I am suddenly not seeing what is on the road before me or on my dinner plate, etc.....  But, with new daughter in my life it has begun again.  Mostly it is stuff to do with her that was needed to prove God's point to her.

So, there I was in prayer, praying for protection and suddenly I was somewhere else.  It was an old abandoned place.  Very dusty, dirt everywhere.  And unseen hands lifted a targe (special kind of shield) form the dirt and shook it off.  There was some sort of embellishment on the face of it.  Then it passed over me, completely covering both me and daughter.  And I knew we were indeed shielded from what is going on around us.

Now, if only hearts could be changed.....

Yeah mighty rough when the situation dictates silence because even the pastor, though amazed, could barely believe what God is doing in daughter's life.  So that has not translated well with friends and family.  Apart from daughter's mother, the pastor and his wife - it is father and daughter versus the world.....  But, I am pretty sure we survive.

No comments: