Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Twin Worlds

I was listening to the radio on Saturday as I was going to pick up my daughter from work,  and this odd song came on and I thought it might be by Sting, whose voice I find intriguing - but the words were not quite like him..... A little internet sniffing and I find this group called Gotye, the song:Just A body I Used To Know. Seems the daughters were all familiar with it and Middle Daughter even owns the album.

The song strikes a personal resonance with me because, it is my life at this time, I am trapped in twin worlds.  One, the world of the past which is fading away, today is transitioning to tomorrow, yeah and there is plenty of pain to go around. Trapped between two worlds; the one my past which I have somehow outlived; the other reawakened dreams.....

I am coming to accept that it is only a miracle I lived into this year.  That decision, no not even a choice, I made at the end of November to help a friend's daughter - lead to my end of life decision in January that I would do what it took to be her father.  And suddenly my kidneys were restored, suddenly my liver was working, Kris appears to have survived.  And yet though I live, my family died.  No there were no medications or treatments and still are none.  Was this the only reason I now live?  For my family would it not have been better I die, than that I live and I am to be treated as a leper by them?  But, my daughter found healing and love; rejection, rumor and hate.  Her joy robbed from her.  May Satan answer for every ugly look she has had to endure!

I long for the simpler past, for love to be restored, but that may now be lost forever.  I long for the future I see.  I do not understand that future it is about as confusing to me as the present has become.  What has God set in motion?  Or is it evil which has bewitched my past?  The war within my mind and heart, each torn their separate ways, within themselves, rages and threatens to take my sanity with it.

But, a quirky video, a painful song, and a guy's voice that is too incredible to believe  Having now listened to all of his songs - this is certainly the best he has done.  As for Kimbra, decidedly the best she has done.  Choice of video is a little weird and you would never have gotten me to do it!

No comments: