Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Nook

I wanted to get Gaelic Girl something for mother's day, but what?  She has the money to get herself anything she wants - except happiness.  I wish I could discuss happiness with her but I know that subject is out of bounds.  Gingers really do not handle suggestions much less criticism well.....

So, I thought I could do a computer for her, but when I priced it out, well it was out of my league.  ARGH!  I hate being poor!  Such is the effects of 2.5 years of no work.....

Gaelic Girl reads an incredible amount - and her books might be part of the problem.  (No, I didn't just say that!)  So, thinking out loud, as I often do, I was sorting out the Kindle, Nook, IPad delima.  I finally settled on the Nook.  But, there is the very basic black and white and a color one.  Which one, which one?!?!?!?  Then Yesfir, suggested the Nook Tablet.  So I went and checked it out.

Now Gaelic Girl's lives is fairly bland technology life: Spider Solitaire and Maj Jong are her games of choice.  On the internet she does email and FaceBook, plus some surfing the web for quilting patterns and ideas.  The Tablet does all of these.

I played with the machine a bit at Barnes and Nobles.  I liked it.  I bought it.  Now will she use it?  We shall see.  She is not exactly talking to me still so.....

No comments: