Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Avengers

How is it that you go to what should be a pretty cheesy B or C grade movie and it ends up being an A-movie?  Holy Cow!, what a movie!

Lots of violence but language was all appropriate, girls kept their clothes on and the good guys win!  A perfect western, er, Kris movie!  :^)  Abundant humor, some of it dark, which is always the best in my mind!  Most of the characters did any standing job.  Cheers for the Loki performance!

It was a good continuation of the Captain America movie which I thought quite good, even if Germans were being killed.  Continues the Thor saga, which was also a great movie.  Works Iron Man in as well and of course the Hulk.  Whomever the bow and arrow guy was, I liked him.  I have a feeling he is a real person.

What I was not impressed with was Thor's inability to replicate his performance from the movie of the same name.  He was at best shallow and a mega-hunk to keep young girls happy.  And Scarlett Johansson?  Personally, I have no idea why anyone puts her in a movie, but then I am not normal - I realize this.  But she was by far the weakest link and should have been voted off the set very early on.

Other jeers: really horrible CGI which was made less obvious by being in 3-D, the Russian conversations where horrible and the signs in the background where just characters not real words.  A Russian consultant for 5 minutes would have cost them what, $1000 at the most?  Gees, save money in all of the wrong places!

If you have not seen it, you might consider it.  This was an awesome movie.  Comes with my son in-laws, Yesfir and my approvals.....  Now I have to see it in 2-D to see which version I like the most.

And oh by the way, you have to stay to the very end of the credits to see one of the best gag moments concluded.....  Most of the audience had left and so missed a very funny routine.........  It was falling out of your seat funny and I had to explain it to those around me because it was so subtle.  I love subtle humor.

2 comments:

MhAhE said...

i like this movie! =))

KJP said...

Rissa! You live! Glad to hear from you! Glad you liked the movie too!