Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Wedding!

So, Kris is heading for Ohio!  Well, actually it is somewhere on the Indiana - Ohio border. 

Timothy is getting married in July.  He lives and works in Ohio, twelve feet off of the Indiana border.  The wedding is to take place about 100 yards inside of Indiana from where he lives.  Of course my being there is dependent up on finances.

Yes, Timothy called and asked me to be his best man.  I can hardly say no since I have known him for so long!  But, it was something I struggled with, my going to his wedding when I first heard of it months ago, because he is divorced (which I do not believe in) and his divorce was just about as weird of one as you could have!  His wife left him about six years ago now.  I could understand why she did, I could understand why Timothy could not/would not meet her even half way.  Of course, that little problem he only made worse and she only more insistent.  Palm plant on face!

Personally, as with most of my divorced friends, I pray for their reuniting and their hearts to soften.  Unfortunately, I have yet to see this happen once, but I am a romantic and I know God's will is that you reunite with your (ex-) spouse.  Yeah, there are situations where I do not pray that, especially when the guy is a complete mess and really should have been shot.  Mostly the guys that pull the flight routine.

But, given that Timothy's wife did abandon him, he did want to work out the situation and she refused all counseling, my Bible tells me that remarriage is acceptable.  Not the best, but allowable.  And, God will bless them.

So I have 15 weeks to lose more tonnage (I have lost 18 pounds so far this year!), get my feet healed so I can walk, get over my displeasure with the TSA for two flights, save up some money and get his car fixed!  Yeah, he is going out here for his honeymoon, so I know he is going to want to use that car and it is in major disrepair!  (It was in bad shape when he left for Texas three years ago!)

I wonder if any of my readers are in eastern Ohio, western Indiana.........?

Well, I must close and be off for the local college.  Today I have to do a paper on Technology and its impact on culture (like I really care!).  So hi-ho, hi-ho, its off to the research library I go!

No comments: