Monday, March 12, 2012

Status Update

I thought I would let my internet friends know how all is going on all of the fronts I have been asked for prayer on:

Swedish Rocket Scientist (now Retired) has been continuing through a long list of surgeries to help recover from last October's bizarre occurrences when all of my friends and I were hospitalized on the same day!  Still too weird to believe.  But only SRS still is undergoing treatments, so continue prayers for him!  The rest of us are ok on that count anyway.

My high school friend whom had the heart attack that same day and three stents installed, has undergone some form of a personality change which no one can quite fathom.  I am wondering if this is some form of a reaction to what was used to knock him out or not.  Really too weird.  I expect his oldest daughter to be out for a visit shortly, so perhaps I can get a better idea of how to pray then.  But do continue your prayers for him and his family!

The lady whom teaches the high school/college class with me, and badly injured her hand last year, is slowly regaining movement in her fingers.  We, as a class, had set aside some time several weeks ago to pray over her for her hand - and that seems to have been the turning point in her healing!  Yeah, starting later that day was the first movement she had!  Awesome!  So keep up those prayers for her complete healing!

As for New Daughter, she has moved back in.  I know what it took for her to do this and I am very proud of her for being able to overcome, in order to do so.  I know in this culture, it is so easy to say that her being obedient in this is appalling, but she IS a servant of God and really does want to do what is right and needs to.  Like all of us, we kick back at  God but if we are honest, He will get His way with us.  Far better to do has He asks, earlier than later.  So for her, a life she has not experienced, is now her norm.  We will need much prayer across the next several years.

Then there is me.  All of my organs seem to be doing well, save for my stress levels.  My badly burned fingers from January are still healing and doing well.  Friday I had an MRI and completely lost it in the machine.  I have had dozens of MRIs without so much as a twitch but Friday I got to shaking so hard that I could not control it.  So, not sure if anything will come of that one!  But, honestly, I could easily see me having a heart attack in that stinking machine I was so stressed!  If you want to be praying for healing of my neck and nerves which have been pinched - there is a real need  there, and that my stress levels will drop!  I really do not need to be hospitalized for finals week!  Yeah, you can pray for me for finals too!

So that is about it from this side!  Have a great week.

No comments: