Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Change

Change is one of my favorite topics.  I more than once have said on this blog that change is evil, change causes reactions - often poor ones, change unfortunately is inevitable.....

From FaceBook with their change nazi's to Blogger's insisting on twiddling with the templates, we are all subjected to changes we do not want.  (By the way, thanks for letting me know that I had lost my Followers' List!)  In our personal lives we do have some say in the changes we are willing to expose ourselves to, but then there is another source of change and though voluntary, one we can not actually control.  Yeah, God.

God can implement some very life changing situations in your life to point you in directions you would never have followed.  So, when He begins to change your life - watch out!

Not Everyone Wants You to Change!
As you come grow closer to God, expect people (especially those closest to you) to subtly, even stubbornly put up roadblocks to your growth and/or walk of faith!  Expect the unexpected!  Rejoice in the opposition you will be facing!  It is proof of your walk and will only strengthen your faith!

Single and want a date?  Jjust try and walk close to God and suddenly witness the opportunities to sidetrack yourself with all forms of opportunity!  It is just amazing how that happens.


Your Change is NOT Just About You!
Why would someone not want you to change in a positive way?
  • Jealousy - we want the changes that others experience
  • Confusion - is this real or not?
  • Fear - that change might have to include me!
  • Selfishness - that change might just impact my desires!
  • Discomfort - you are changing, I am not, you are not thinking as I think.
Sometimes we can get hung up by the past, which victimized us, rather than being conquerors over that past.

Your Change is About Holiness, not Happiness!
Everyone can tell you that you made your bed, now lie in it!  Jesus said, you made the bed, let me help you get out it!

Your Change is Powered By God.
As God is working His Miracle in your life, do not expect people to endorse or go along with what is happening!  I have to admit that I find myself where I never thought God would take me or use me.  I have never even heard of such an action before.  And yet, that is where I am, confirmed by a host of others (now) that this is God in action......

If Jesus can make all of creation, you know he can re-make your life.

When God starts change in your life - rejoice!  And keep a sharp eye out for the joy-suckers, those whom unknowingly want to destroy what God is doing.

Expect the unexpected.....

No comments: