Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Standing Alone

When I stepped out in faith, back on November 22nd, I was not blind.  God had forewarned.  I already knew the cost of the task He had set before me. Of course, I may have not completely understood. Or perhaps not. Yeah one of those quandary problems.  hard to understand except in retrospect and I am not far enough long at this point to see clearly concerning my personal cost.

I saw clearly my daughter's struggle, I saw clearly part of the personal cost. And you know, I was not really worried because I expected my support base, Gaelic Girl, to remain in place. With that, I could weather almost anything. I never expected that foundation to collapse.

Sure there are probably plenty of reasons for that crumbling, all of them not associated with the battle ND faces. Yet, interestingly enough, as we come closer and closer to the real work, that base has eroded further and further. 

No, there is no such thing as coincidence.

This is but evil's latest swipe at the healing process for ND. I expect more and more distractions to be thrown at us, but ..... Well, and that is the point. No matter what happens, I know my duty is to my family, which includes my new daughter.

But, when involved in an overwhelming spiritual.struggle, alone, you might just question your sanity - as the ground becomes only your faith and what you know as truth. And, now that ground has to steady others as well.

Thank God He answers prayer!  Because it is sorely needed if I am to get my almost life long best friend and prayer partner back on board.....

No comments: