Monday, March 5, 2012

Tears of Joy

On a whim, I called up New Daughter and invited her to join me for an art lecture on Saturday morning.  It was a gamble she would even be talking with me - but she did agree to come.  My prayer as I drove to get her?  No walls, honesty, no fights - I am so terribly tired of fighting.

Before we went in,  she turned to me and said almost at a whisper, "I have decided to adopt you dad."

I think my eyes may have crossed and my head spun around a few times.  Did she know what she just said?  Apparently.

So it is official, Kris has a new daughter.  Yeah, he had one before but she just had not agreed that this was in her best interest.

As for the art lecture, it was probably the finest I have ever attended and I haven't a clue what the lady talked about - other than the title of it.

Wow.

How perspectives change....

No comments: