Friday, March 30, 2012

El Futuro

In Christianity, there are Spiritual Gifts, what the Holy Spirit empowers His people with for His purposes.  Very safe, very sane.  The gifts belong to the Holy Spirit whom dispenses and uses these at His sole discretion.  They belong solely to the Holy Spirit, He gives, He takes, He uses.  Paul gives us a beautiful run downs on what they are even.  What could be simpler?

(If you are already chocking on this, you really need to stop learning from man's wisdom and start reading the Bible only has  your reference tool!  You will find it has quite a lot to say and none of it what man loves to publish and lead others astray with!)

Now enter the American school of religious (not Christian) thought - "Well, they were only active in the first century."  "Once we had our Bible, the gifts passed away become they were not needed any more."  etc, etc, etc.  Man's opinion being given, completely free of Scripture, because after all, if they acknowledge that the gifts are still valid - then they stand condemned for their own faithless lives!

Yes, I have SEEN every single one of the Holy Spirit's gifts in action, used in ministry, verifiable and within context.  Exactly how it should be.

Unfortunately, the Liar as the ability to mimic the Gifts, so that those present will think they are of the Holy Spirit, only they are being used outside of Biblical context and therefore not of God at all!

What is a believer to do?!?!?!!?

Well, test all things.  You think you just witnessed tongues being used at your local church?  Well, was it being used to witness to a foreign national in their own language because that is all they understood?  No?  Well, you  just saw a LIE in action!  Was it in a prayer closet (of course not!).  Another LIE!  And so you can do this with most of what you will see., hear and read about concerning the Spiritual Gifts.  It is ALL LIES!

So you then have to be oh so careful when the real item is stumbled across.  Someone with the gift of prophecy is not exactly going to be blabbing to anyone, anywhere, just to stay alive these days!  Yeah, I know a few God does reveal His ways to.  And due to our culture, even they are mighty leery of saying anything to anyone - because there only so much flak a person can take.

Why be commenting on this?  Because of what God did to me in November, when I was given rather special insight concerning New Daughter.  And it has continued ever since.  I am really not desirous of knowing another's future, though I do realize that I am expected to be preparing her for that future.  Expectedly, she finds herself torn between knowing that future and not wanting to.  I can understand that.  And it gets confusing for me because there is God's Determinative Will - so I see where she is to be and then there is the Permissive Will, which shows the paths she can take and the problems associated with each one!  Those problems all revolve around, how does she get from those paths to where she is to be eventually?  Yeah, some are harder, some are less so, but none of them are "easy".  I don't like that!  I want my children to have easy choices, not hard ones!

That is really hard responsibility there.  My desires versus what I know from God for this young woman.  It makes me fearful that I have to "get ti right" or I will be to blame if I miss direct her through the training she needs.  Yeah, you have to remember that Kris is a coward.

But imagine a world where God rules and people are not fearful to use their gifts and what God has revealed to them!

Sounds a whole lot like each of our futures in a new heaven and a new earth.....  We each really need to step up to that futurenow  and practice using them gifts today!

Hey, if I have to, what makes you special?!?!?!?

No comments: