Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Chuckle

I have to chuckle. Sometimes life is like that. No sooner had I written Friday's post than the phone rings. It is my friend.

Now mind you, I never said anything to him about my disapproval with his Saturday plans. I never say anything to any of my friends over their TV and game based wastage of their lives. I live my life, I invite them along, I usually am alone in my endeavors. Outside of Yesfir, I am pretty sure no one I know, knows about this blog any more!

So, my 81 year old friend is on the phone. "Hey lets do breakfast on Saturday!" Now, that is a jaw dropper! There a zillion basketball games on, and he wants to go to breakfast with me? Oh -oh, what did I do now?

But, he and his wife just wanted to visit. Talk about yesterdays, with someone whom loves history and them.

As for the basket ball games? He told me he bought three recorders to hold all of the games for him so he could watch then in the afternoon!

Now there is a changed man!

One of these days, in the not so distant future, he will be gone and his children - whom learned his life habits at an early age will suddenly discover that maybe they needed to take a little time for their father, whom rarely sees them. I can see his pain in that regard. Yeah, everyone is busy, everyone is working hard, everyone has no time for an old man in his waning years.

Think about maybe making an extra phone call or visit with your aging relatives. They probably would appreciate the time you spend with them. Even if they are unpleasant and smell funny.

No comments: