Friday, March 23, 2012

March Madness

Yes, my sport nut friends are all excited by the prospect of basketball du jour! (yawn...)

I have to admit to being completely unable to understand that with all of life which surrounds us, how is there time, much less interest in a bunch of overpaid people pretending they are doing something of value.....

So one of my close friends is getting prepared for the games starting tomorrow, getting everything prepared for NOTHING to interrupt his TV time! Whereas I got to spend hours with two of my daughters. He could do the same, but TV and sports comes first, not people. Not a condemnation, not a value statement, just thinking at how if I was 81 I might want to invest myself in children and grandchildren.

The TV is not going to remember you when you drop dead. The basketball team is not going to care either. But, now your children and grandchildren are going to remember times with you and the stories you share with them.

Well, okay, maybe that is just my theory on the subject!

So, instead of hunkered down at the TV this weekend, locking out the family, I am expecting to do the exact opposite.

For my sport nut readers, enjoy! For my people oriented readers, enjoy! For those inbetween - hop one way or the other!

No comments: