Saturday, December 21, 2013

Musical Saturday Morning

When I came to America, I discovered this entire world of rock none of us had ever heard in Europe.  Even though we had occasional oddity crop up on the K-Town radio station or at the roller rink, there was much I had not heard before.

Once in Denver, I was intrigued by the Grassroots.  They were a local band in the area, as were Sugarloaf, Santana, T-Rex and many, many others!  I knew some of them, others only through their concerts (anyone out there remember the 1970 gassing of the crowd at the Park(way/hurst/side) High School concert?  Yeah made that concert a tear jerker!  Gees!  Now I have to go see if that is on the internet somewhere!

So, one of their intriguing songs:



Of course, by 1970 their hair had grown a bit - uhm - fuller...

No comments: