Friday, December 27, 2013

A Question on Natures

I really need to talk with my friend.  I have called and called but just can not get a reply, which is a pity because with my mind, I am not likely to remember much longer what it is I need to ask.

So, I will lay it out here, perhaps one of you will answer ...

Now I have spent months roaming through my video library, culling out movies I really am not interested in any lionger: too boring, inappropriate nudity, or something is just plain "wrong" and I can not exactly define it.

So, remembering that I a newby here with an emotional nature now:

It is that third category which I have grown uneasy with: some of the TV I see my adult children watching, some of the TV grandkids are allowed to watch by their parents,some of my movies now...  There is a reoccurring theme I am finding across TV and some of my movies of an undercurrent of ... not sure how to word this ... objectivism of either sensuality or sexual natures.  Nothing blatant, something more subtle.

It could be because my nature is so new that I am overly sensitive, it could be my thought is correct.

Is there no standard of innocence or purity any longer?  Has our culture so eroded that everything is translated through filters of sexual content or salaciousness?

And the answer to that question really is bothering me.  Under my old nature I was beyond blind to even the existence of such.  I knew through my friend Chrissy that such a thing could exist - within the realm of abnormal psychology - she was a self admitted sex addict, had been the majority of her life.  Her friendship with me made her wake up and realize that she really needed professional help.  Unfortunately, she had already contracted HPV, becoming one of the first to die of this in the early 1980's.  We were stunned, we loved her for the sister she was.  And even her sisters were speechless.  A disease no one had ever heard of, killed Chrissy, while she was in therapy for her addiction, thankfully after she had accepted Salvation for real.  But, Chrissy's problem lay within the realm of abnormal psychology ... right?

Now with this new nature, I am revisiting that thought.  Was Chrissy more normal than abnormal?  Or has culture and society move so far towards the side of sin that there is no concept of actual purity or innocence any longer?  Are we nothing but meat to be hunted down by those whose conscious are scarred?

And if the latter is true, then how is Kris to be viewed by those closest to him?

In my previously, completely blind nature ... was I ever actually understood or just considered either the densest male whomever existed or the most libertine of any male whomever existed?  Neither would be true since I never had the basis from which I could have believed anything other than what Chrissy went through was anything other than abnormal.  Mind you any attempt to place Kris as guilty of such sin would be majorly in error, Kris' problems lay elsewhere.

Yet, movies and TV seem to have an undercurrent of expecting something like Chrissy to be normal ...

So, the question:

If purity and innocence can still exist, does the existence of the sexual nature then destroy the innocence which did exist?  Is one at the cost of the other?

And if the answer is a flat yes, I believe Kris is going to give up on humanity ...

No comments: