Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Causing Yourself Frustration

You know, no one can out Kris, Kris when it comes to utter stupidity.  Sigh...

As you might remember, I have been working on a book I had hoped to have been completed with by now however life got in the way and I lost about half of this year.  I am using a nom de plume because of the subject matter and so with my memory have to have everything written down somewhere.

But, if you leave your notebook on top of your car, when you drive away - and even if you notice it is missing only a short time later - good luck ever finding it!

So, I fretted for my royalty account information was in there, and I have to leave shortly to be sure no one can access that!  My membership cards to museums as well.  And my disabled parking pass.  Sigh.

Much running around to do today to get all of this beginning to straightened out.

****

It is with interest I find the situation that yesterday morning, some papers fell out of my notebook as i was getting ready to go.  One of them was a poem, nothing special but important to me.  So, I typed it up on my super secret poem site and tossed the paperwork.

How was I to know that only hours later that book would have been lost and had that poem not fallen out, it would have been lost for all time!  It must have been a God thing, He saved that poem for me and knew it would have otherwise been lost.  I guess it does have meaning after all, else why bother saving it for me?

So, just my Yahoo account took 90 minutes and I never was able to recover it!  So, I hurriedly blocked my facebook account from being taken and then created a new email address, linked the facebook to it, then unliked the old yahoo id and email.  Perhaps I at least saved my FB account.

The rest of the day was dedicated to stopping any attempts to change my mailing address or non-photo id access to my bank accounts or royalties account.  Such a mess I have made for myself!

Wednesday is dedicated to my membership and usage cards: concealed weapons permit, disabled bus pass, disabled parking id and my Seattle Art Museum membership.

Alas, my many gift certificates, discounts and other such are now lost since they are not tracked by name.

Oh grrrrrr! To quote number two daughter.

No comments: