Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Raspberry Moment

Raspberry Moments are those rare occurences when Kris loses all control due to - well you decide why.....

It all started back in 1985 or so.  I had my first house and was making raspberry jam and syrup for the family for Christmas.  I worked very hard in crushing and sieving roughly ten gallons of raspberry pulp and then put it all into the refrigerator for overnight.  Gaelic Girl was going to come over and help the following morning with the canning.  Well, that was the plan in any event.

Bright and early, I get hot water started, canning jars washed, lids in a hot water bath, everything is awaiting GG's arrival.  I trot into the pantry, where the refrigerator is, open the door and

SWOOSH!

The racks in the refrigerator had collapsed and I was hit by a wall of raspberry puree!  Once I had gotten back up, I was pissed, really pissed!  And so, GG whom had now arrived was to find me in a sea of raspberry sauce throwing other things from the refrigerator onto the floor while screaming, "You may as well as join your friends!"

Yeah, it was not pretty.

No comments: