Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Of Family, Friends and A Horrible Day

It was a day for the books, I tell ya.....

Yesterday, I drove down to where my mother lives, a little over an hour from here, to have lunch with her and my sister.   And, weren't they both in just a mood!  I have seen stray cats in my yard get along better than these two hissing and spitting females.  If anything, my presence merely gave them something different to hiss and spit at.  Kris, however, does not do well in these situations so I was torn between being an adult and getting their faces - or - being a complete smart ass and mocking them.  Wanna guess which one I chose?

As I said, it did not go well; I may not have chosen wisely.  It is really unfortunate I never was able to crack the education and training of my early years in European schools.  I have often considered that I am far too polite and willing to take far too much (flak) from others - in the name of politeness.  Especially, when in reality they just need a good smack upside their head with a brick.  Sigh.

Unfortunately, I really wanted a few hours alone with Sommer so we could talk about father.  The major reason I have created my little biography on him is so that his last wife (and possibly any of the other 7) whom might like to remember him, could have a little memory book.  (Yes, their versions would be heavily edited not to include other wives, etc..)  With any luck, I will have it done come the end of next year - but I really need my sister so I can work some of her material in.  Being the golden-child, her perspective is a little different than mine.  Sigh.

Then back home was bad news that my mining friend of so long ago is now bedridden, his lumbars apparently collapsing and leaving him unable to sit up or walk.  This makes me very sad to think of him in this way.  Even sadder in that, when I was down visiting him last January for his birthday, he totally shut down any attempt to witness to him.  God has got to - well God has got to nothing - but I tell you this man really needs to make peace with his Creator mighty quickly....  Maybe you can add Dick to your your prayer list for the next few months.

My only other message was a strange request for some counseling advice from a family in the church I barely know.  But, I will save that one for tomorrow because you might be interested in the subject matter and it will be a bit long to explain.....

No comments: