Thursday, November 3, 2011

Oh Fudge-icles!

I heard that from one of the kids at church and had a hearty laugh over that one!  Wonder how much frustration it takes for a five year old to get stressed that bad.  LOL!

But that is a good post title for this week!  Seems yours truly finally managed to do an overdraft on his checking account!  First time ever.  Luckily, I do have overdraft protection but still it really irritates me to make a blunder like that!  So, I had to figure out what went wrong.....

I usually keep $300 in my checkbook as a zero balance so I never have this problem.  My math is indeed so bad that +/- $100 when I balance is about as good as it ever gets.  Then twice a year I write no checks and see what my balance comes to at the end of the month and we begin again.  No, using a calculator does not help - big fingers, tiny buttons - same problem I have with cell phones!

In the end, it turned out that a loan I took out to pay for father's funeral trip costs had a pay date of the 15th, but I did not know that - so had budgeted to pay on the 30th.  Well, since I did not have the payment amount on the 15th, they drew down my savings to zero, maxed my VISA card, zeroed out my checking account and then hit me with $60 in fees to make a point.  Yeah, Kris is not a happy camper now with no savings and negative checking and credit limits.  Grrrrrrr!

As I told God, well thank you for the gentle reminder.....  Now, I really could use some money, any ideas God?

No comments: